Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing #12 Creating a Community Through Commenting

This are the two points I found most important about Thing #12 :
1. Think about what you are going to comment; there is a real person behind the blog. This is specially important if you use blogs in the classroom. It is OK to have an opinion, but criticising should always be constructive. After all, we choose what we read...

2. The blogger doesn't always have to answer to all the comments. This really depends on who the blog is presented. For example, this is the first time I am blogging so mainly I am learning and documenting my learning along the way. If people read the blog and want to leave a comment that's fine, but essentially it is not the goal for this blog to create discussions. When I read Drape's Takes blog, I can see how he is creating those discussions by trying to provoke opinions in the readers.

5 Blogs in the Library2Play Library:
Becky's 23
It's Always Pink
Nan's Notes

Learning In Motion 2
Librarian in the Middle

2 Blogs in of personal interest:
LibraryThing
Thinking About Learning

2 comments:

  1. I always learn so much from comments, though. When I started my blog last year (doing 23 Things!) I told myself that comments were not important. Then I started to give and receive comments. I was surprised to find out how much I learned from others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanto ver que tenemos gustos en comun con respecto a la literatura. Me gusto mucho el libro La sombra del viento...tanto que fui y compre El juego del angel.

    ReplyDelete