Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #2 Pointers from Life Long Learners

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Life Long Learners
The difference between being a learner and a long life learner is that the learner "learns" because he/she has to. The long life learner has a continuous desire to learn; his/her mind is always searching for new knowledge and they can't stand the notion that there are new, emerging ways of learning and not be a part of it.
I am,a life long learner...
The EASIEST habit from the 7 1/2 list is #6, using technology for your advantage. Technology is a part of my everyday life personally and professionally. I use Facebook to communicate with family and friends and twitter to keep me up to date with things I like to know. At school, we use technology for everything: lesson planning, grades, communication, professional development classes, etc. I could not imagine my world without the advantage of technology.
The HARDEST habit for me to follow will be habit #1, begin with the end in mind. I can begin thinking what I want the end product to be, but often I come to realize that what I wanted when I started is different from what I achieved. Or, I might achieve what I wanted to begin with, but the route to get there was not the one I planned for.

No comments:

Post a Comment